As a Tech Lead of the Front-end Development team, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve our goal of becoming the leading online broker in the world. Working with our passionate set of developers, you will assist them in transforming complex processes into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for traders around the globe. You will guide them to develop a dynamic, user-centric, and interactive UI that can work at a blazingly fast speed, even on low latency networks. With your directions, the team will develop a robust architecture that includes our newly launched platforms and innovative products, as well as our evergreen bots and whizzing charts.
You will work with a team of experienced, dynamic, and supportive developers. Together, you will contribute to the future of Deriv.
- Collaborate with product owners to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements.
- Communicate clearly and concisely about complex technical and architectural problems, and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Teach, mentor, grow, and provide advice to individual contributors across several teams in their departments.
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope, complexity, and ambiguity for your team.
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design.
- Direct the Front-end Development team in designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging applications.
- Mentor and coach your team members in the most appropriate working methods and practices.
- Write testable, scalable, and efficient code; lead code reviews.
- Prioritise information security and process maintenance throughout the mobile app lifecycle.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance customer experience.
- Collaborate with the Design and Back-end teams to build scalable, performant apps.
- Work on developer tools and automate our processes.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest and React Testing Library
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms
- Ability to work collaboratively with others through Git & GitHub
- Familiarity with API consumption
- Proven track record building and releasing new products from conception to production
- Experience leading development teams and providing technical guidance and mentorship
- Confidence, eloquence, and proficiency in working effectively with remote teams from different time zones
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative agile environment
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Good communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A passion for staying up-to-date with the latest front-end technologies and best practices
What’s good to have
- Knowledge of micro front-ends, WebAssembly, CSS-in-JS, and design systems
- Familiarity with E2E testing frameworks such as Cypress and Playwright
- Familiarity with different rendering approaches: SSR, SSG, and ISR
- Exciting work challenges
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career
- Intensive and interesting onboarding programme for newcomers
- State-of-the-art tech stack
- A modern, comfortable office in the city centre
- Inspiring work environment and creative freedom